CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Public Apology

Last night we had our Bible fellowship class meet as we do each week on Wednesday nights at Prestonwood.  Our class directors, the Josh and Jenny, have been married for about 7 years now and have 3 beautiful children.  We were blessed to hear them speak about Ephesians 5:22-33.  Bryan wasn't able to be in class due to needing to be at practice with his Texas Twister boys, so I soaked in enough for the 2 of us. 

As I sat in my seat with my Bible on my lap, I really tried to listen and think as to how I could improve on being a Godly wife.  Jenny gave us the girls side of things and I felt about 2 inches tall after she finished speaking.  And it is not that she was getting onto us or raising her voice at all, it was because I haven't been the kind of wife Bryan deserves.  One item that Jenny said she struggled with was not wanting to control her husband in the small things.  Her example that she used was driving...if anyone has driven in a car where Bryan was driving and I was in the passenger seat, I'm sorry.  I am so bad about just letting the man drive and in essence it comes across as not trusting him.  So in front of all you readers, I want to apologize to my husband...Bryan-  I am sorry for trying to control you even in the little things like which route to take or which lane to be in on the Tollway.  Will you please forgive me?

Jenny took us back to Gensis 3:16 where it says "I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing; with pain you will give birth to children.  Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you".  Now we all know the childbearing part, thank goodness for epidurals, but she focused on the desire part.  The word desire in this instance isn't talking about the sexual desire, but more so a desire to control...dang it Eve, I'm blamming it on you!  So from the get go, we are wanting to control, but God's perfect plan is designed to have the man be the head of the household. 

I have so much to learn as to how to be Bryan's happy helper and I'm thankful that he is patient with me as we go down our marriage journey.  God knew the perfect man for me!

1 comments:

The Cobbs

We didn't know you had a blog!! Lauren, I never knew how disrespectful I was acting towards Josh...you're drives will be so much more joyful:)

Post a Comment